View Single Post

Old 08-05-2007, 10:31 AM
Default Re: Tells us about your most memorable restaurant, anywher in the world.

My wife and I were in Paris in 2005 to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. About six months before going I e-mailed Taillevent to see if we could get reservations (I knew they keep a majority of their tables for the French and only a few each night for foreigners). I explained our visit and told them how much we would enjoy celebrating our anniversary there. I got a very nice e-mail back and confirmation for our table. The restaurant was everything we expected, and more. The food was fantastic, the wine even more so, and at the end of the dinner the maitre d' and the owner himself came carrying to our table a small cake to celebrate our anniversary. It was definitely worth the expense (which was an experience itself). We will never do it again, but we still talk about. (BTW, we back in Paris this year and had lunch at their sister restaurant, L'Angle du Faubourg. It was excellent also, and far less expensive).