View Single Post

Old 08-06-2007, 10:47 AM
Founder
Default Re: Late Evening Loud Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston
Respectfully;

In all fairness Jan you kind of screwed yourself didn't you? If it goes by 20 times a day how did you not notice it? I've only bought a few homes in my life but every time my wife and i scouted out the area - during the day to see what goes on - at night to hear if we were bothered by the highway noise or trains etc. - were the neighbors quiet or did they like to party too much for our tastes etc. etc.

Granted it would have been nice if the developer mentioned the train and made sure it didn't bug you but that is not really their concern. Every home buyer has to do their own due diligence on a purchase.

I'm curious - if it bugged you early on then why didn't you relocate to another spot in TV?
LIke most other Village residents, we were living up North during the construction of our home. We had no idea that it was there. Real Estate law says that agents MUST give full disclosure to anything that will materially affect the resale value of the house. They are required by law to say, "there is a freight train that passes behind your house. It is loud, is that going to be a problem?" They didn't do that.

In so far as relocating. I do not have the luxury of building, then rebuilding. I am a normal individual with limited resources. In addition, I am required by law to tell any prospective buyer that "there is a freight train that passes behind your house. It is loud, is that going to be a problem?"