View Single Post

Old 08-06-2007, 12:19 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Garmin NUVI GPS map update for 2008 includes more of The Villages

Quote:
just bought a house in the village of Duval. I have a garmin, do the new maps go out to Duval. I have been waiting to buy new maps until they included more TV Thanks
I bit difficult to check location on the NUVI unless you have a specific address so I checked some streets in that area with random address and of the 4 I checked (Backwate Way, Rosepale Way, Walterboro Ln and Suffield) They all seem to be included in the update so it looks like DUVAL is covered now. BTW I was told by Garmin Tech support (very good support) if you want to check if a street is covered go to MAPQUEST and check the address. MAPQUESTS uses the same maps as Garmin.

There as another post about downloading something and finding the maps yrs behind and not even finding the Villages Reginal Hospital. I checked my NUVI and the hospital is there along with the streets in Deval so it looks like the MAPS are very up to date in my NUVI. You might want to check which version of maps you actually have by going to

Settings > Map > Map Detail >
City Navigator North Armerica NT 2008 is the latest version.

Previous version was Version 8 and it had most of the villages north of 466 on it. I didn't check the hospital in that version but other items of interest were there I know. The Maps updates come by DVD that you get from Garmin. The Map update from DVD takes a couple of hours to install on the NUVI - its fairly large. The updates you download from their web site are corrections to the code within the NUVI that provide directions from the MAP information (they are free and small but they aren't map updates). Since I recently purchased my NUVI I was able to get a Map Update DVD from Garmin when I told them it was new and not yet registered and it didn't contain locations South of 466 in the Villages that I wanted. They were well aware of the lack of maps in this area and agreed to send me the update free (normal cost is $75 now). So if your NUVI is relatively new you might also be able to get a free update.