View Single Post

Old 08-07-2007, 09:16 AM
Founder
Default Re: Late Evening Loud Music

Not being told about the train is one issue with me, the other is that the lot was an extra $50,000 because it backed up to an empty field. I paid $50,000 extra to listen to a train for the rest of my life. We moved here from upstate New York, where we had a house on two acres of land and the most noise we heard was the frogs in our pond. I love our house, I love our friends here, but I don't mind telling you that every time I hear that train (25-30 times a day) I am reminded that I was duped. There is no way that you can convince me that neither the developer nor the agent knew about the train. This was a Villages agent and we had the house built. I don't know how this guy sleeps at night.

I want to make it clear that the Villages is a great place. Lots of nice people, clean as can be. Plenty of activites and great golf courses. For the most part it is run in a very professional and thorough fashion. It is just that as an individual, I feel that I was tricked on this deal. I would have purchased elsewhere in the Villages if I had known, but they were pushing to close out Chatham and so the negative effects on the homeowners were not a consideration on the part of the developer. They were the winners.

Every time we have guests stay with us, the first thing they say in the morning is....."Wow, how can you sleep at night?"

I filed a complaint with the Florida State REal Estate board, but never heard one word back from them. I contacted numerous attorneys in the area, but they all declined to accept the case because they were in some way representing an aspect of the Villages.

The thing that I don't believe they realise is that in the course of a year, I am heard on hundreds of radio stations around the United States and Canada and soon to be in England. Every chance I get, I tell this story. My guess is that several million people have heard it, and probably another serveral million will in the future. It does nothing to correct my problem, but it makes me feel better.

Please, once again, do not let my story sway you away from the Villages. It is a great place to live, but don't be fooled into thinking that they care about you. They care about selling houses. That's my opionion.

JLK