View Single Post

Old 08-07-2007, 10:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default Two Suggestions...One Before And One After Closing

Before your closing I would write down every single question I could think of regarding your new house. If you have time, send it to your builder thru the Sales Department so he can have a look at it before your walk-thru. There's a lot to learn about Florida building codes and construction. It's not at all similar to what you may be used to "up north". You get one shot at the guy that actually built your house during the walk-thru. After that, you'll be heavily reliant on asking neighbors about things, most of whom don't know any more about things than you do. If you do that, you'll find the builder very cooperative at the walk-thru and you'll learn a lot about how your now home was built.

Then after closing, be very certain you understand the terms of your home warranty. As an example, be sure you examine your house for paint flaws, nail pops, etc. before you move in. The paint repair part of the warranty has a very short time frame--a few days after closing as I recall--and definitely doesn't apply after you have moved in.

Then, one last suggestion for your closing day--chill a good bottle of champagne for your evening enjoyment in anticipation of a great new lifestyle in THe Villages!