View Single Post

Old 08-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Late Evening Loud Music

I love the Villages but I also know that the developer could care less about how we feel once we have signed on the dotted line. Full disclosure....not gonna happen in the Villages. I could write a book about the things that were not mentioned to us before closing. Sometimes I could shout and scream in frustration because of how we were NOT told everything. No one lied to us, they simply didn't tell us everything.

I never knew that after one year I would be responsible for repair of the Villa walls that surround our property line. I never have understood the bond. I don't get how they could tell us our amenities were frozen at the rate when we moved in and then 11 months later we got an increase. We have gotten an increase every year we have lived here.

Home owners have NO SAY in anything that happens here. If you try to get an issue addressed at a VHA meeting, they stop taking questions and close the meeting.

This is NOT a gated community. We cannot deny access to ANYONE who wants to come into the Villages. The roads are state roads and you cannot deny access to the public thus, NO GATED community!

All that being said, I love this lifestyle so much that I wouldn't ever leave. Just want to say caveat emptor...let the buyer beward. 'nuf said.