View Single Post

Old 08-08-2007, 01:34 PM
Default Re: New Home Prices on TV Website

Quote:
Originally Posted by poromo
I was told by a sales rep that some of the designer houses on TV website are reduced between $20K and $60K. For these houses, the prices on the website are incorrect.

Is anyone aware of this and if it is true, why wouldn't TV advertise the correct asking price?
I don't know about the $60K, but we bought a Gardenia home in early July, and it was one of those reduced by $20K. Each time we previewed a home, we would have to ask whether the $20K reduction applied, because they were only applicable to those homes in existing areas that had not yet sold out. Those that were located in the newer areas were not reduced.

The stated purpose was to "reduce inventory". When I spoke to our realtor on July 31, she stated that the 31st was the last day of the price reduction, since the inventory WAS down. It is my understanding that the "deal" is back on now. So who knows.

I would imagine that they do not drop the price in the advertisements, since they are unclear on how long these reductions will apply - so they leave it up to their realtors to state it verbally for each applicable house.
Victoria &amp; Vancouver, B.C.<br />China Lake, Ca<br />Pasadena, Ca<br />Several cities in Orange Co., Ca<br />Bakersfield, Ca<br />Indiana, PA<br />West Palm Beach, FL<br />TV&nbsp; (Mallory Square)!