View Single Post

Old 08-09-2007, 11:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default TV Speed Trap & Expensive Traffic Tickets

It didn't take long for me to discover that the entire Villages may be one of those infamous Florida "speed traps". Among the six neighbors closest to where we live, only one has avoided a traffic ticket since moving in late last summer. And there's a pattern. Three of us got tickets for going only a few miles over the limit when the light is on in the school zone in front of TV High School. One neighbor even got a ticket after turning left (westbound) onto 466 from Belvidere, which is west of the sign and light warning of the school zone on westbound 466!

If you sit and watch each morning and afternoon, there are often two Sumter County police cars assuring that the county budget is balanced by issuing one ticket after another in that area. Other spots that are dangerous for speeders going even a little over the limit are on Morse and Buena Vista between 466 and the north end of TV.

And traffic tickets in The Sunshine State are expensive! Going even a few miles over the limit will cost almost $200 plus the cost of traffic school. I hate to think of the cost if one were really speeding.

The good news about getting a ticket is, yes they DO have my attention!