View Single Post

Old 01-03-2014, 07:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV MAN View Post
Barefoot, Yep that was the same company that came down to install our wire. And they will come back for retraining.
Well I just found out that I will be down on a permanent basis sooner than I thought (Yeah) but due to layoffs here in VA (Boo!). So the timing was perfect after all. Hope to see ya in one of the squares! TV Man
I doubt you'll ever regret being in The Villages sooner, rather than later! Happy Days ahead for TV MAN. I hope you'll come to one of the TOTV Crispers luncheons. There are always reminders posted on this site.

The invisible fence works very well for us. The guys at Dog Watch are such nice guys, and as you said, they will come back to help out with retraining.
Invisible fences are the best solution we've got for dog containment (except for CYVs). However as many have pointed out, the dogs always need to be supervised. Predators can come into the yard, or dogs can charge through the fence.

The invisible fence works well for our two dogs, even for our 70 lb Portuguese Water Dog. The ducks waddle up the hill to tease her, cheeky little devils, but she ignores them. Before the fence, she would have chased them back to the pond.