View Single Post

Old 01-04-2014, 09:55 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyCrocked View Post
I have a question for those with the invisible fence. I plan on getting one and I've seen the flags lining the border of a yard. I always thought those flags were a temporary thing but I'm now thinking I'm wrong after reading your posts. Do you have to leave those flags in the ground? What about when the landscape people come to mow or edge? Do you have to go pull up the flags then put them back?
The flags are a temporary thing and are a visual training aid for your dog. The dog will associate the location of the flags with the warning tone if he or she gets to close . When we installed ours I let all our neighbors know why the flags were there. I'm always present in our yard when our dog is out with a lease ready and have never had an issue with having our dog under control. Yes a dog could bolt thru an invisible fence as easily as break a physical lease. All are containment systems. The only problem I have had is with other irresponsible dog owners walking their dogs on the street now having to yank their dogs away from our yard because it's one less yard to mess in but I have had some let their dog meet our dog and socialize.