View Single Post

Old 08-10-2007, 08:13 PM
Default "In Area" Guest ID's

I read this months Village Homeowners Association Voice paper today. There is an article where the VHA reps met with Center District and Developer reps and asked questions. One of the questions was that guest passes are being issued for relatives who live within the area for a year at a time and some people are reporting widespread abuse. The response was that the rule for "in area" guest IDs for children or grandchildren who reside in Lake, Sumter or Marion counties were clarified. If a child or grandchild resides in Lake, Sumter or Marion counties, a Villages resident may obtain an "in area" guest ID card for them at any of the regional recreational centers. This ID is valid for one year from date of isuance. The resident whose name appears on the "in area" guest ID must accompany these children and must have their own resident ID. All guests under 19 years of age must be accompanied by a Villages resident or guest (with proper ID) who is over 19 years of age.

I know this is long but I was under the impression there is a one month limit per year that a guest could visit in TV. What is this "in area" guest ID all about? Does anyone here know? If your kids or grandkids live in one of the three counties does it mean they can use our facilities like executive golf, pools etc.?