View Single Post

Old 08-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Default Re: JUST HEARD - NO CLOSING COSTS ON NEW HOMES

Darby Glad everything is going smoothly. Just bought our home in Duval July 20th, close on August 30th. We looked at several homes in Mallory Hill and Amelia that had a $20k discount. You could use the discount in several ways. 1. to pay on the bond. 2 to pay on the house. 3. To help make payments your choice. Yes there are no "Villages closing cost" of $10,000, however you will still pay closing costs related to a mortgage if you get one. By the way if you are going to get a mortgage the people at Citizens First Mortgage were very professional, made everything so smooth. We also found out that you pay the CDD ahead so in our case that amounted to $2100. The discounted homes were nice homes, we got a better price in Duval without the discount. We bought a Gardenia with golf car garage in block & stucco cheaper than the discounted Gardenias that we looked at, that did not have Golf Car Garage. Our home was under construction, due to be finished by closing. We looked at both preowned and then new homes. One preowned that we liked cost more than a new home just like it. so it was a no brainer We bought new. We felt that buying in a new neighborhood meant that everyone there was new so new friendships would develop easier, although it is very easy to meet peole in the villages. Talked to my agent yesterday and he said that TV had a very good July sales of @ 300 homes. By the way before signing we took the golf cart we rented and went to the area several times during the day evening and nite to look around. We also checked distances to places, travel times in the cart etc. Hope this info helps you. If we can help you let me know my email is in profile Good Hunting