View Single Post

Old 08-11-2007, 01:06 PM
Veteran member
Default New Villages Airport Shuttle

In response to the overwhelming demand for better and faster transportation from the Orlando International Airport to TheVillages, The developer is considering using a new air transport scheme that involves the use of a modified aircraft being developed through a joint venture involving Lockheed Martin Aeronautics and Bluebird Coach. With a shortened version of the C-130 Hercules and the standard school bus, villagers could enjoy a fast inexpensive shuttle. A Frequent Flyer system would provide, “Villages Money” which could be redeemed at shops in and around the The Villages. The new aircraft will have Short Take-Off and Landing (STOL) capability. To take full advantage of the aircraft’s STOL ability, conversion of the little used centrally located Polo Grounds is a consideration. In keeping with the heavily advertised format of The Villages as an elite retirement community, don’t expect pretzels on this flight. Expect sacked meals containing peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, Doritos/Cheetos and choice of whole milk, chocolate milk or orange juice PLUS a pudding cup. Those villagers who regularly keep to their seats and behave their manners may earn additional “Villages Money” and an “I’m A Good Passenger” static cling for their golf cart. And as always, waving arms out the window will not be tolerated. This new endeavor will of course create new employment opportunities, so those with prior school bus driving experience are encouraged to keep an eye on this as the project develops. It is expected though, that all applicants obtain multi-engine fixed wing pilot license with commercial rating. Here's an image of the new craft:

The Villages Florida

I know.....me bad....but I was feeling creative today.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL