View Single Post

Old 08-11-2007, 09:52 PM
Default Re: JUST HEARD - NO CLOSING COSTS ON NEW HOMES

Darby Almost all the new homes we looked at in Mallory, Amelia, or Duval (all designers) had bonds of around 21k. Villager07 is correct the total bond is spread around the total number of homes in the village. It does not matter if you buy a villa, ranch or designer you pay the same bond. The preowned homes we looked at approx 1 to 2 years old had bond balance of about 12 to 14k. The yearly bond payment is about the same. Ours in duval new neighborhood is about 100 to 150 more per year. Seems to me few pay the bond off. We did not see any Gardenias for under 200k. The Gardenias we saw were in the range of 255k and up to 340k. Some had discount some did not discount was 20k plus no closing of 10k. We looked at one Gardenia that was 322k with 20 discount for final price of 302k. The yearly maintainence fee was about $80 a year less in Duval than say Mallory or Amelia. They were all block and stucco. You get a better deal on insurance on block & stucco. about 150 per year cheaper. We got our insurance through the Villages Insurance, very nice works great with the mortgage co. Saw your other post on grocery stores. The new colony center/Publix on 466a is real close to Duval. Will take you about 5 to 10 minutes by golf car from Mallory. Duval to me will be in between Lake Sumter and new town square which is about 3 years away at least. When you check in they will give you a new small map that shows the new square in relation to everything. Buy a new $5. map to. Send me email and I wiil give you a name of person to contact to get a hispeed (legal) golf cart at a good price. Hope this helps. So much info to digest. We wiil be down the end of Sept. to move some stuff Bama