View Single Post

Old 08-13-2007, 07:56 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: Comcast: Has your bill gone up?

There actually is a maintenance fee in addition to the amenities fee. We were notified that our district 6 is meeting to discuss an increase in this fee in September. It is about $400 a year right now.

We were told that our amenities would not go up when newly purchased homes got higher fees. Been here two years and just got my third increase! Went from $119 to current $127 a month.

Unfortunately there were several items that were not fully explaned to those of us who bought new from the developer. I have learned to live with some of it but not all of it. Amenities, maintenance and bonds are just a few of what was just skimmed over when we closed. By the way, the maintenance, per the card we got, is for road maintenance, etc. If you are in district 6, you should have a card. I don't know how it is done in each district so you will have to look into it yourself.

Oh, and we have Dish and are considering Comcast since all the rain has interferred with our viewing. Anyone else out there tinking along these lines???