View Single Post

Old 08-13-2007, 06:08 PM
Veteran member
Default Frog Finds Bliss After Harrowing Experience In The Villages

Verde Hoppalitto has found love and home in America after a long and tortuous journey. A journey that started in Monterrey, Mexico and ended in The Villages, Florida. We interviewed Verde and here is his story in his own words:

"I hear of good life in the U.S. Good life...mucho flies, mucho senioritas. Mucho compadres, they go, si. So, I hop on a melon truck when nobody look. Border Guards, they look for fly investation of melons....but of course with me riding....no flies...yes? At first, naturally, I had difficulty with the language. The croak is very different yes? I had to not roll my "r's"...rrribbet....had to be ribbet". Once I learn, everything ok. But, after a while, croaking at the ponds and no senoritas responses....I had to look elsewhere. I look and look....I climb walls, fences...and houses. One night, go down down vent pipe on house, yes, and end-up in toilet.....not a good place to be si? Then, lights go on, and some gringo....he chase and grab me...with paper thing....not Kimberly-Clark tissue or Scott tissue...but some cheap brand from Walmart. Next thing I know, I'm tossed into the backyard full of pesticides and fertilizers. I must eat....so I eat flies here....it must have been the chemicals because I grow....muy grande. Soon, flies are not enough...I must find job. I find job as a mosquito and fly control technician at local company. The receptionist was muy bonita, not a frog, but bonita none-the-less. Now I'm American citizen. The rest is history."

The Villages Florida
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL