View Single Post

Old 01-16-2014, 01:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member

We were recently invited to a fire alarm sales show. Being a 42year ex firemen I was interested so we went. I knew the alarms we had in our homes were not the best and were slow on the response. Up north I had an updated system installed and was happy with it. So we went to the show and bought into it. the garage ,attic and kitchen have heat detectors, all other rooms have smoke detectors. They're all wireless and automatically communicate with each other. The ones that came with the house are still in place. Well here's what happened. We had a party in the house just before Christmas. I was in the kitchen cleaning up, my wife was in the bedroom putting some stuff away. My daughter and son in law were in the living room. All of a sudden the NEW smoke alarms go off, I look up from the kitchen sink and say holly s--t there's a fire in the living room. Mind you my daughter and son in la were in that room and didn't notice it. The alarms that came with the house didn't activated until after we had started to extinguish the fire. The new alarms were not cheap but after seeing first hand how well they worked I don't care how much they were.