View Single Post

Old 08-14-2007, 01:57 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: JUST HEARD - NO CLOSING COSTS ON NEW HOMES

"You can bet I will be asking her again on Monday!!!! By the way..could it have been because they were closing out that village and they only had 1 or 2 left. (I'm anticipating her excuse)"

We were looking in early July and have looked for 3 1/2 yrs with the same Realtor (WOW - Wish we bought 3 yrs ago !!!!! ). Knowing the real estate market was down we were only ready to buy if we found the house we liked in the area we loved and if the price was right! It didn't matter if it was new or a resale (a turn key was our preference by far - since we really didn't look forward to buying everything for a new house) as long as it met the conditions we had. After looking for 2 days at For Sale by Owner; Open Houses and resales. Our TV agent was able to show us new homes that met our conditions mush better than the FSBO or Resales on MLS . Was it the time of the year ?> perhaps and are those ranch houses with discounts gone now?> perhaps; Did our TV agent really know what we wanted ?> perhaps but we were after a turn key colony Villa when we started. Were they closing our the village ? - Yes for the one we bought but I do believe he showed us others that didn't look like they weren't closeouts of the villages and the TV agents at many of the open houses did seem to say there were discounts on new house. I really can't say for sure except we were happy with the price (at least as far as you can be ) location and house as we think most people who buy in TVs are.

I think what it boils down to, after looking for over 3 yrs, and seeing prices go up every year we finally came to the conclusion that the Villages provide us with the life style we were after and no other location in Florida came close to us wanting to buy there. We decided we weren't getting any younger (sometimes this is a hard decision to come to) and to buy while we can still enjoy the active life style.

Go for it, I really don't think you'll regret it !