View Single Post

Old 08-14-2007, 03:54 PM
Default Re: Congestion/Crowded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frangyomory
During :2cool:the Winter have to be at St. Timothy's Catholic Church one hour before Mass begins, just to get a seat and a parking space. During the summer, I can actually plan to arrive there about 30 minutes before Mass to get parking and a seat. Unfortunately, the "season" seems to be gettng longer and a lot of local restaurant folks say that they are now as busy in the summer as they are in the Winter. Seems "snow birds" aren't the only reason for traffic, etc.

Soooo, Joe and I simply plan for earlier dinners if there is a special restaurant we want to go to. That seems to work out well. For outback, we are there before 5 pm otherwise, we don't bother.

Just my observation, but I do believe we are getting more and more residents and the crowding at the squares and early dinners will likely become a year around thing.

Small price to live in such a wonderful environmet.
I have to agree with you on your comment regarding the year round resident population increasing. With TV selling two to three hundred homes a month I would think a good amount of them must be permanent residents. My husband and I also frequent the restaurants around 3:00 pm to avoid the crowds but I think even that time is going to start to get busy. Hey we're retired so all we have is time. Isn't it great!