Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 01-18-2014, 09:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandG View Post
Thanks for starting this ladies-only thread!

I searched for "henna" and found some posts from 2008, so nothing more recent. I would like to find a salon that either uses henna hair color products or allows the customer to bring their own product.

The large salons make you use their hair color products. I can see where it's a liability issue, in case they apply your product and you get mad at them if something happens.

I have chemical- and fragrance-sensitivity. Some salons don't offer ammonia-free hair color. I've gone to a few salons that use Redken's Chromatics color, which is ammonia-free. However, it has a fragrance, even when I have the stylist use my fragrance-free shampoo, which I'm allowed to bring in. However, they tell me only their shampoos lock in the color better, which makes sense.

Some other posts stated that gals were concerned about the dye being applied so frequently. I also wonder how that will affect us all, since there have been reports over the years that hair dye can cause cancer. I wasn't entirely gray when I moved here 1-1/2 years ago, and now am all white. I'm not ready to go "au natural" right now, but may have to. I would appreciate any suggestions about non-toxic hair color products.
I will be very interested in hearing responses. Some of my friends have gone natural and on them, it looks great. I'm just not quite there yet.

I think we all are concerned about frequent use of hair dye. If there are non-toxic products for permanent color, I'd love to know about them. The only ones I've seen are temporary, and they quickly wash out.