View Single Post

Old 08-17-2007, 05:06 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: This administrator would like your opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZ
I think an unbiased presentation of all candidates is the way to go. I recommend TOTV to take a neutral postion. Once you "officially endorse" a candidate, you obviously run the risk of alienating those who hold a different view. This can be especially damaging when soliciting other potential advertisers and not to mention that your existing sponsors may not like the TOTV endorsement as well. But, of course you already know this and that it's a tough business decision.

Personally, as a business owner, I would not want to jeopardize losing a single customer's business by advocating a particular political position and being careless enough to attach my business's name to my personal views. My Franchisor doesn't not allow this anyway...and for a good reason.

I like to assess the views of the candidates myself, all candidates, and form my own conclusion. I'm an intelligent guy and I don't need others to wade through the B.S for me.
What JZ said...I'll assess the candidates myself. Also, I wouldn't want pop-up ads (ever) on this site. Keep political discussions in political sections.