View Single Post

Old 08-19-2007, 06:45 AM
Default Re: DO I REALLY WANT A VILLA?

We used to have a patio villa but traded for a gardenia. The villa was more private - we had a nice front porch and couldn't hear neighbors, other than the dog across the street that barked all day long. The gardenia has a lanai on the back that faces our neighbor's lanai - we dont' like that. But we still have privacy in the front of the gardenia, so that is our quiet space. The villa neighborhood we were in did have a lot of rentals, so it wasn't as close knit as our new community. But I personally hated the look of the villas - reminded me of army barracks. Even withthe landscaping, etc., I couldn't get past the look of those things. We looked at the Jasmines' as well. My concern iwth them is the lack of light in the living room. There are no side windows, jusst your lanai door, and at certain times of day they seemed very dark. Our neighbors out back have one, and that's they're main complaint. But to compensate, they spend all they're time on they're lanai. So, there are pluses and minuses. We have more room in the gardenia than the villa, and the main thing is our garage is bigger. Hated fighting space concerns in the villa. sounds like the fenced in yard is nice for pets. We don't have one so that is not an issue for us. Good luck!