View Single Post

Old 08-19-2007, 02:16 PM
Default Re: PC-to-Mac guru needed

I recently bought a new Macbook Pro with the Intel processor and I'm very pleased with the quality of the machine. I've been a computer user since you had to build your own on a 50 pin bus and my first real computer was an Apple II. My company went to all IBM PCs so I was converted to Windoze. I eventually became the company computer guru for SE U.S., retired, did corporate computer support, worked for CompUSA, and then opened my own computer retail store. All of the programs I really needed, primarily investment type, and were not available for the Mac, run very nicely on my new MacPro Notebook after installing Windoze and Parallels. Don't even hesitate to buy a Mac. There is a transition, but If you are familiar with Windoze the transition will be fairly easy for you. You will find more and more things you can do on the Mac easier than on a PC with it's wonderful hangups and blue screen. I have Vista on a couple of other notebook computers we have and I wouldn't recommend anyone run out and buy it. Wait for Version 2. :bigthumbsup: