View Single Post

Old 08-22-2007, 10:56 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: Interested in TV

Let me start off by saying I am in your boat, haven't moved yet but it's where we want to be! If you do a search on some of the issues you need answers for, you will get a lot of information.

The bond is a one time fee. What TV does it put it up front! It's not hidden. When you buy a new home in any state, you're paying the "bond" but it's typically in the price of the home. What TV does is tell you what it is up front. When we had our home built here in IL; I'm sure the builder passed on what he paid to build the road, put the water and electric lines in and everything else required to start a development. The builders do not absorb this cost themselves, it is passed on to the home buyer. It's just the manner in which they do it; put it in the selling price or separate it like TV does.

Homes in TV are not built to taste. Meaning, you can't customize. They have a lot of homes in inventory so hopefully, you will find one pretty close to what you want. For us, location and privacy mean a lot. We want a designer home too!

I don't think TV is more expensive then some of the other communities compared to what they offer. And we can go on and on about that!

I am sure many of the people on this board who are Village residents can offer much more than I just did and probably will correct me if I didn't get it right about the bond!

Your best bet is to hook up with a Village sales rep prior to coming down for your visit. Or just keep reading all the helpful posts on this board; its' a wealth of information.