View Single Post

Old 02-03-2014, 04:39 PM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I hope you are right.........I will file amended returns in a flash. Let us know when you determine that it is legal.
I said it was logical. No one ever accused the IRS tax code as being logical. And those who can, do and those who can't work for the IRS or at least at the lower levels they save the brains for going after the big boys.

The following is a digression and feel free to ignore.
I have had the following happen.
Paid 4th quarter estimated taxes early in Mid December 1989 that were due on Jan 15th 1990 because we were going to be out of town when it was due. Came home to find an IRS notice for failure to file a return for the income this was on Feb 1st 1990 the return of course wasn't due until April 15th. 1990

Some clerk was tasked with checking the names and social security numbers on investment income reported matched. I at the time was a trustee for multiple trusts for other family members. Reports had ????? Family Trust, Gertrude Muramoto TTEE on them and an ein number. Now trusts have ein numbers don't even have the same number of digits as a social security number. The clerk looked up my social security number and transferred all the taxable income reported over to my personal social security number. I had of course paid the taxes on trust returns with the correct ein numbers.
Found out when they came to put a seizer notice on the door of my house.

Do I trust any answer from the clerks at the IRS NO..... Always ask for a supervisor and go as high as you can get.