View Single Post

Old 02-04-2014, 12:02 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

There was also some good. For instance, the bulletin mentioned that the Sun was doing a much better job of reporting crimes in TV.

They did mention a lot more negative issues than they have in awhile. They live here because they love it here. They don't love a lot of what they've seen happening in the past and there's a very real fear that it will continue in the future. There were some legitimate reasons for the class action suit. The white striping on the golf cart paths can make a difference (slight, but a difference). There are some very legitimate complaints about the El Santiago restaurant/rec center -- for someone to say that they don't want to vote for something (restaurant) because it would be in direct competition with the developer even though most residents want the restaurant is wrong in my opinion. Supposedly, the AAC folks represent us, not the Morses. So, it is important to know who is voting the "party" line rather than what is best for TV and its residents.

I'm honestly not sure that the golf cart injuries need to be mentioned on a monthly basis but there seems to be enough interest to make it newsworthy. I would be just as happy with a very brief blurb about burglaries, robberies, etc. than making it a major news item, but that's me.

As to its negativity, you should have read it a few years ago. I think the editor and writers were so fed up with being stonewalled and feeling they were constantly being lied to that they couldn't say a good thing about anything the Morses did. That has most definitely changed, even in this month's issue but there's no question there's still a lot of frustration.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein