View Single Post

Old 08-23-2007, 12:45 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Please - What do you know about Hadley Village???

I scoped out Hadley yesterday. We currently live in a Courtyard villa in the Village of Chatham and we're looking for a villa with a little more room and Patty and I noticed, in The Daily Sun, what appeared to be excellent buys for Grantham and Stonybrook 3br models. After a quick walk around inside and out, here's my two cents:

1. Location - appears to be good once the build-out is complete. As you would expect there's currently lots of barren land around and with construction being off at the moment in TV, it's difficult to predict when the build-out would be complete so living with lots of ongoing construction for several years could be in the future for a while. Hadley Village is close to Colony Plaza and Havana CC. Topography is very appealing....not typical Florida flat....this area has rolling hills that make for nice vistas.

2. Upgrades - The villas come with washer/dryer, refrigerator, stove, microwave, ceiling fans, faucet upgrades and expanded concrete patio and walkways.

3. Landscaping - No grass on non-concrete areas (duh!), just pine straw and inexpensive plantings but it looks ok. There is a lot of potential to make the backyard a small oasis....in my opinion.

4. Bottom line - I think these are going to sell quickly at current list prices.

Patty and I like our current location better and we have an oversized corner lot which we love. We'll probably do some remodeling and upgrade our villa this year. We bought two of these villas and spec'd them out to be rentals....we sold one and now live full-time in the other.

Hope this helps y'all.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL