View Single Post

Old 08-24-2007, 06:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Re: Village shuttle rates

Yes PJ it's not too difficult to add a back seat, you can buy one at buggiesunlimited.com and install it yourself if you're handy with a wrench, if not check with some golf cart repair people (look in Daily Sun) and I'm sure you can find someone. Buggies Unlimited sells the seat for around $400, I recommend getting the flip seat. The cart pictured below I had the seat put on after I bought it, I didn't have to do anything to springs or anything else. Barefoot, I have a neighbor go in the garage and charge my cart every other month when I'm gone for 6 months. These electric carts go a long way before they need to be charged, mine has an amber light that flashes when you have a half hour left to let you know you are low on charge, in the 100's of times I've used the cart I've only had the light flash once and I was already on my way home anyway. As long as you plug it in at night after you've used it it will always have a full charge when you start the day. The chargers/carts have on-board computers and know how long they need to charge and shut off automatically when they are done charging. Looks to me like a good used cart would be $3,500 - $4,000 (see the ads here under Items For Sale), then figure $500 - $600 to add a seat.
The Villages Florida