View Single Post

Old 08-25-2007, 02:13 PM
Default Ranch home or designer? What about areas to walk dog?

Here is a question for you wonderful people. I noticed that many of the residents who have dogs opted for Villas because of fenced backyard. We have a dog (our beautiful 3 year old boy) but a fenced yard is not a necessity. We don't have a fenced yard now and it works. We take him out in the morning to relieve himself and then for a walk to exercise and finish his business. I don't care for the looks of the Villas so we are thinking of Ranch or Designer. Do the ranches and designer homes have a little bit more space and privacy? We have one acre at present so we are not used to being on top of our neighbors.

I can't tell from the pictures the differences between the ranch and the designer. Can anyone elaborate? Also, are there villages that are closer or nicer than others? I saw a home in Duvall which allowed for a pool. I would like to have a pool in the lanai.

We plan to visit next May and look at resales and new homes. I'm not crazy about not being able to upgrade or make changes in new homes.

We live in Barrington, Illinois and I can't wait to get away from the snow. I am so glad I've found this forum. There are tons of information and everyone seems so nice!!! By the way, are there parking areas (for cars) in the downtown and by rec centers. I noticed most people drive a golf cart. I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet.

Thanks a million.

Pili