View Single Post

Old 02-11-2014, 08:54 PM
Veteran member

Be sure to read some of the old threads about how much stuff to move down. The 4000 pounds of old stuff that you've been planning to look thru once you retire will stay in the boxes while they keep your garage stuffed full. We retired and moved to our weekend house in WV. 4 years later as we prepared to move down here, I threw out 6 pickup truck loads of stuff that had been sitting in boxes which I was going to look thru once I retired... (and never quite got around to)

We bought on a trip where we had no plans to buy (yeah, I know... lots of folks do the same thing). We went back up to WV and told people that we were moving and would be selling our property there - ended up selling the house and 3 of the other parcels before we closed 3 weeks later. Other parcel sold a few weeks after we moved our furniture down. And everyone told us how nothing was selling in our part of WV.

Advice on selling your home - (1) tell your friends first that you are going to sell it. You'll be amazed at how fast word goes around. (2) Be realistic in your price - setting the price at what it is worth, not what you wish you could get. (3) Once you bring in a realtor, be very direct in telling them to price it to sell, not price it to impress you into signing with them. The only thing that matters is that it gets sold.

Good luck. You'll love it here.