View Single Post

Old 02-13-2014, 10:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyMooreRN View Post
I am not sure how they are going to "get away with not giving medical coverage". I have heard most companies are actually cutting hours of all of the part-time employees so they don't meet the quota of needed hours for the month. Hiring more staff-but at less required hours= not having the employer contribute to any health care plan. I didn't read the article--but maybe I am still confused like most people regarding this subject.

I will share I met with someone recently- explained to me she wanted to have a colonoscopy due to family history of colon cancer. She was not working and had no health insurance. She was told she didn't qualify for Obamacare and was too young for Medicare (60). She made too much for Medicaid. Sad--all she wanted was a screening to prevent a possible cancer. She actually said "I guess if I have colon cancer by the time I get Medicare, it will be too late."
Perchance I was not clear in my statement. What I meant was Gators Dockside was not going to change their employees to part time in order not to give medical insurance. This is a good thing for Gators Dockside.

In regards to the person wanting a colonoscopy who did not have health insurance - not working and told she did not qualify for ACA? Why not? She made too much for Medicaid and not working?

If she was so anxious for the colonoscopy and "made too much for Medicaid", why not pay for it out of pocket? I believe the going price is about $1500. Definitely worth it if so worried.