View Single Post

Old 08-26-2007, 09:52 PM
Default Re: TRICARE PRIME THREATENED

Steve, yeah we remember the "healthcare for life" deal. Shoulda known better but I guess we all believed the promises made. But now we do what we can and as long as they don't mess with Tricare for Life too much retirees should be o.k once they go on Medicare. We've both been on Medicare for 2-3 years now and its been a lifesaver. And with TFL as the second payer we do okay. My husand had some major major surgery at MUSC in Charleston last November, was in the hospital for a long time, and we didn't have to mortgage the house to pay for it. Just one of the kids. Only kidding.

We are also not in TV yet, not up North though. Currently living in SC and hoping to sell our house as soon as we get it in the best shape we can to put it on the market. We were going to do it at the end of August but want to do some cosmetic maintenance first so may wait a couple more months. Hopefully the housing market will turn around in a couple of months too making it easier to sell. I hate to put it on the market now and have it sit for too long. Then it has to come off, give it time to be forgotton and go back on. Oh well, will keep me busy figuring it all out I guess. Less time to mope about getting to TV. Can't wait though. Barbara
Johannesburg, London, Wiesbaden, Fairfield CA, Tokyo, Rock Hill SC, Myrtle Beach, Denver, Baltimore, Bangkok, Hongkong, Rutland VT, New York NY, Seneca SC, and next (and last stop as soon as we sell our house) The Villages.