View Single Post

Old 08-27-2007, 08:48 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: What are these people saying???????????

"Teddy" is a personal hero of mine. Read Theodore Rex...pretty good biography. Many people speak their "native" tongue in this country with their ethinic brethren because they are comfortable with it. Many of these folks also speak English, especially if they have obtained their citizenship. There are many Spanish speaking guys, for instance, that are fighting now in Iraq and elsewhere and at other times and conflicts in our history....many have given their lives. Some of those that have died while serving were in FACT not citizens....but they were loyal to our country, our flag and they respected our heritage. I think Teddy would understand and appreciate that.....and maybe.....that's the kind of loyalty he was speaking of. It has been my experience that it is rare to find a Hispanic person in this country that does not understand or speak English. Should we require the speaking of English only in this country and let not an utterance of another language occur? Man, think about that.

Oh, and by the way.....Teddy was a Long Islander....Oyster Bay, NY....he's buried there. A place I call home.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL