View Single Post

Old 08-28-2007, 04:30 PM
Default Re: DO I REALLY WANT A VILLA?

Gee - I am so glad we all like different things - what a boring place if we all liked the same things. We don't have a pet so that wasn't my motivation when we bought a 3 bedroom courtyard villa. It was PRIVACY! I'm a social person most of the time but when I'm in the mood I love to be able to shut the door and lock the world out. In our villa backyard I can sit outside in my "jammies" drink my morning coffee and not worry about grossing anybody out. When our villa was being rebuilt after the tornado damage last winter, we rented a designer home and every time I sat down on the lanai with friends I felt like I had to whisper or I'd bother the neighbor.

Yes, the garage is small and there is not a lot of room to save stuff but I'm too busy having fun to clean a bigger place and keeping the space down helps me monitor my urge to "collect" everything I don't need!

As for friendliness - maybe it is because we survived the tornado together -but even though several are snowbirds - our villa neighbors are better than family. I have never lived in a friendlier or nicer community. I love living in the Villages but the best thing about living here for me is the wonderful relationships I have with my villa neighbors!

I guess we each have to weigh what is most important and then pick the ones that are highest on your priority list! The great thing is - no matter where in the Villages - it's a great place to live!