View Single Post

Old 02-20-2014, 12:56 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Update on Woody's

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianne237 View Post
Saw the ad in the Sun and went to Woody's in Wildwood this evening for supper. It's re-opened with new ownership. The restaurant has been cleaned and repainted and has more seating. New menus and prices are a little higher, but that's no surprise.

Dinner was very good. Service excellent. We'll be back.

Also, get on their mailing list and get a $5. coupon.
Went to Woody's after golf ( 5:15) last night. Eight people---4 gentlemen and 4 ladies.

The restaurant was less than half full. It was a good 15 minutes before the Server got around to taking our drink orders and another 10-15 minutes for them to be served. Nobody ordered anything special or difficult but it took 45 minutes after our order was taken for our food to come out of the kitchen.

The food was mediocre at best---I heard some complaining about the food could have been warmer but nobody sent any back----mine was okay. Prices are reasonable. It was almost 7:30 by the time we got our checks straighten out, payed and out of there.

I don't like to be critical or negative but clearly there is a problem. When we left, the restaurant was a third full. No crowds---this time of year makes you wonder. Maybe it's location---although it's easy to find and not far outside of TV.