View Single Post

Old 08-30-2007, 10:45 AM
Eternal Member
Default Re: In addition to the Villages, where else did you look to settle.

Oddly, I didn't really look anywhere else.
Strange as it sounds, it's like fate led us to TV.
We continued to run into people who moved there (over the course of several years), or had visited there, or knew someone there, and then I passed it as I took 301 to bypass traffic on the turnpike on a trip back from Disney one year (saw the signs but didn't stop or even slow down, but just felt another of the coincidental peices fall in place). All that, and I continued to watch the website and saw the price of the houses continue to skyrocket (I remember seeing the Designer homes in the low to mid $100's and the Patio Villas in the $70K range). We got the video, and I studied the models and floor plans. Then we decided to visit, fell in love with the place, and bought one on Memorial Day weekend of 2005. I figured the worst thing that would happen to me if I grew to hate it there was I'd sell it one day - not much of a down-side in my opinion.
I won't be a resident until next year as I still need to work, but the days are counting down rapidly! I will be visiting again in November for a week, and then next summer be ready to make my move (if my house in NY ever sells)