View Single Post

Old 08-30-2007, 06:16 PM
Sage
Default Re: In addition to the Villages, where else did you look to settle.

diskman larry.... summers here in TV are very bearable, if you are used to deep South or East Coast; longtimers tell me this is one of the hottest summers they can recall...lots of days with 95-97 degrees. I had always thought the temps stayed at 92-94, with little variation. Even with that, I'm out and about at all times of the day...play tennis (on soft clay courts) from 1130-130 and it's quite tolerable (now that I am used to it). It doesn't feel as nasty as the heat and humidity in the DC area....most days, the humidity goes below 50%, the clouds increase, and a breeze stirs by 11:30; The other great thing about this area is code GREEN air quality every day...in DC, during the summer, it was at least code Yellow (if not Orange) for most of the summer. Mornings and evenings here are gorgeous. And, once we get past Sept, the air stays very dry til May. So, all in all, I've adapted to the climate very well. Might be a little tougher going from a California climate to central Florida, but, with all the other plusses of the Villages it'll be well worth it. Bring the wife and check it out!!!