View Single Post

Old 08-30-2007, 09:12 PM
Eternal Member
Default Simple request - can we stay on topic

Okay - this is a vent or a rant but I am serious.

Often, I go into a post about a certain subject and all of a sudden the post switches from the original post to something entirely different. For example, I was into a post about Van Shuttle Rates and all of a sudden we are talking about carts and batteries and charging, etc.

I think that it is doing a big disservice to those that would like to know about Carts and batteries and charging, etc instead on Van Shuttles Rates (or anything else for that matter). Who would go to Van Shuttle Rates to find out this info. One post started talking about Cart Screens. Same thing - maybe some one is interested in Cart Screens but they are not going to see it in a post about something different.

When you switch topics inside a topic would you please start another topic so that other interested people could get involved?

Also, when someone asks a specific question, would it be possible to keep on track? A post on pizza asked where to get a good pizza in the TV area. The next thing I know, we are talking about pizza in CT and NY and Chicago. That is not close to TV. The first person should have started a new post with the topic of Best Pizza in the USA.

Sorry for the vent but I get upset going to a post to get some info and oranges become apples.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.