View Single Post

Old 09-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Veteran member
Default Candidate for VILLAGE DARWIN AWARDS-Golfing during lightening

This afternoon, as we sat on our Lanai overlooking Alamanda Hole Six, having a cold one, watching the intensely dark skies, forks of lightening coming down, and a gathering storm of darkly ominous proportions, we heard the "thunk" of four golf balls. Suddenly, two golf carts swept down from the tee, four exquisitely dressed golfers, two couples, studied their next approach shots while lightening shot through the sky in the distance. Thunder rumbled even more ominously but they all carefully selected their next club, and all swept their clubs high in the sky to take their shots. There is no doubt in my mind that a lightening bolt from Hell could have turned our golfers into crispy critters not unlike what I saw in Vietnam at any moment. I gently suggested that they could take shelter with us or get off the course. They elected to play to the green, putt, and then took off for home. In the meantime, the serious lightening bolts were spearing the sky not so far away..............unbelievable. :dontknow: ???
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC