View Single Post

Old 03-03-2014, 04:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhrc4 View Post

I am not being judgmental at all I am just putting pen to paper an observation, that is a common site in this area. Can anyone enlighten me or explain why there are so many, many houses of worship clustered in a relatively small area, there has to be a reason, the only one that I can come up with is $$$, honest. I would request a reasonably Intelligent answer.

As I speak ground is broken on yet another house of worship on Ridley Rd. which further illustrates the point that I am trying to make. Now is there a need for all of these places ? Apparently there must be or it just be a smart business venture where $$$ is the sole (soul) object.

Hey if individuals feel a need to get cleansed or feel good for awhile Great, I'm all for that.
I am glad you care enough to think about the subject and voice your opinion about churches. Jesus turned over the moneychangers tables saying they had made his Father's house a den of thieves. Unless one has discernment of the heart of another person, one would probably be wise to refrain from assumptions as the point of view might well come from one's own state of righteousness before God.

Many of us believe that we have discovered a portal to eternity, connection with our creator and relationship with the King of Kings, Jesus. That is a portal to which intellect alone will not give you access. Those of us who have entered the way can pray for others who have not yet believed.