View Single Post

Old 09-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Eternal Member
Default Re: Does anybody watch the Jerry Lewis Labor Day Telethon anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitehawk
I'm with you - never found the telethon with jerry lewis much of an attraction. Great cause but never thought jerry lewis was playing with 52 cards - this may be wrong to say but felt like maybe there should be a telethon for him -- oh that was bad - well maybe not a bad a his slip on live television - i guess it was a joke?? never really thought his joke were funny just kind of retarded - i really bow to the man - he has done so much over the years for charity we need more people like him who give his time - etc
I was never a fan of his either - always thought his humor pretty dumb - always thought his cause very worthy. At the risk of going somewhat off topic, I am inclined though to cut him some major slack with his comment. He's a comedian, and said it as part of a routine he was doing. Today's comedians say AWFUL things about others, and I think it's OK when said in fun. To say it with ill will or hatred is wrong. And some people are just too darned sensitive. You don't hear the illiterates complaining about his comment, do you? ;D