Thread: Riccardi's
View Single Post

Old 03-08-2014, 10:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodcritic View Post
Had lunch yesterday at Ricciardi's and found it to be rather disappointing. My first observation is that it is very noisy with sounds reverberating all over the place. Caesar Salad was served with a highly excessive amount of dressing. It tasted extremely bitter and lemony. Three quarters of it was left in the bowl. No comment from server when I advised how bad it was. Menu indicated all entrees were served with Garlic Bread. We were served a couple of rolls and a couple of Bread Knots which we were later told were Garlic Knots. None of us were able to detect even the slightest taste of Garlic.

My entrée, Veal Parm proved to be the same yucky Veal Cubed Steak served at most Italian/American Restaurants. It is not Veal Cutlet but rather scraps from a lean cut of leg and processed by machine that tenderizes. If the menu doesn't specify "Veal Cutlet Parm", rest assured you'll get the stuff described above. Didn't much care for the sauce either. From my perspective it had a bitter taste which I didn't care for. In a word, this dining experience was, mediocre!
I believe any moderate priced Italian restaurant serves the processed "veal cutlet" in their Veal Parm instead of an actual piece of unprocessed veal. Veal is extremely expensive and unless the Veal Parm is very expensive on the menu, it should be a tipoff as to what you are getting.