View Single Post

Old 09-06-2007, 10:17 PM
Default Re: Gas or Electric Carts

Just purchased and settle on Sept 10th in Hadley Village so I am going to be kind of in the middle of Sumter landing the new town square yet to be built and around Havana CC. So after visiting the villages cart store got the impression from the sales people that an electric cart would do the job, a gas cart would ensure coverage of all the areas where the electric cart would not.

So I walked around and saw a new Yamaha with the larger wheels and the extra gear for higher speeds. So I tested both the electric which had the regular wheels and the gas Yamaha.

Man did I feel a difference. No herky jerky like some have mentioned and the gas was such a more comfortable ride. Now I know the wheels had something to do with that, but it had more speed as well.

Now the wife loves to play at Chula Vista & Mira Mesa, and others in that area. With a gas cart I will not need to charge it overnight daily and make a weekly check up since we will only be around during the winter months anyway.

I would just take my trickle charger down plug it into a timer and keep the charge up for about a half hour each day. Then upon return have them service the vehicle each start of winter.