View Single Post

Old 09-09-2007, 09:57 AM
Sage
Default Furnishing a totally empty Courtyard Villa the easy way

Yikes! I've been reading the posts on "What is the success rate of buying then renting out" and the following comments were made about furnishing a new place: (Off topic, may I add, so I've started a new post) topicop where are you, :cop:

Kitria: "For 3 days we went out to either Target or Walmart from 7 am to 2am the next morning. We got a carful, deployed, took out bags and boxes..then went out again."
Larydube: "Running around like a chicken with our head cut off"
Hand: "Dawn to 10 PM was our schedule".

OMG, what have I let myself in for?? :dontknow: I am reading this post with so much trepidation. We are arriving in TV on October 26 to an unfurnished Courtyard Villa with nothing in it! No bed, nothing, not even a fork! We have no knowledge of where stores are, no golf cart yet, nothing, da nada. I thought we were going to spend most of our time dancing in the square at LSL and drinking margaritas! :bigthumbsup: I think I'm in for a rude awakening. > On November 8 Mr. Wallethead is flying back home to work and I'll be in TV alone. So we're got to accomplish a lot in a short time.

Xcaveman: I bet you have a list of everything needed to furnish a house. I can tell you are an organized "list" kind of person. If you have such a list, can you publish it here?

Has anyone discovered a way to make the process less painful? Has anyone out there ever just bought "contents" from someone else who is moving? How was that .. where did you find their ad?

Well, if the Power of Attraction works, ('m sure you've read The Secret), I'm going to start visualizing a Villa full of white or light coloured furniture, a nice king size bed, and a kitchen full of stuff! Oh yah, and the cutest little (red) four-seater golf cart ever!! ;D