View Single Post

Old 09-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Sage
Default Re: Furnishing a totally empty Courtyard Villa the easy way

I feel much calmer now after reading your replies. Or perhaps it's the Valium I took. ;D Ha ha. I was so tempted to buy a place "turn Key", but it is so hard to get the house you want in the location you want, and also get it furnished. And most of the time you don't care for most of the stuff anyway. Also we would have paid more for the house and then had to pay property tax on that amount for the rest of our days.

Pete, your suggestion about shopping on line at WalMart, etc., is brilliant, I hadn't thought of that. I love shopping on-line, that is a great idea.

Chuck, that is also good info about Home Depot renting a flat bed to transport furniture. Where would the nearest JC Penny and Sears be to TV? Good idea to get patio furniture and use it in the dining room and/or living room temporarily. That will buy me some time. I bet I could also shop on-line at Sears and pick stuff out ahead of time and have it delivered when we arrive. Why didn't I think of doing this stuff?? You guys are so great.

Boomergirl, that is a good reminder, I was really happy in my first place with a bookcase out of boards and bricks. The only things we are bringing with us from Canada are two dogs and an inflatable bed. It definitely will be an adventure, I feel younger already.

Vita, thanks for the names of consignment places. I've heard from some people you can get great deals, and other people, like Chuck, found the prices high. Guess we just have to shop till we drop. I also heard Carens Classy Cottage is a good place to try, and several people have mentioned Bargains and Treasures (but apparently you have to show up there every morning to get the "good stuff".

Hand, Duh - I just figured out what ROFLMAO means!!! Your post was most entertaining, you are SO funny. It made me LMAO. ;D If you have a copy of the list from the Rental agency, I'd love if you'd email it to me at luckypj@rogers.com We're not planning to rent, but it would be a great way to get organized. Loved your comment about dancing in Walmart instead of LSL .. I seriously thought we'd shop for a couple of hours in the afternoon and then head to Happy Hour. Now I've been set straight .... guess I'll go through initiation like everyone else and laugh about it later.

We have owned since May and haven't seen our house yet. I am now SO SO SO excited about coming to TV, it is actually starting to feel real instead of like a dream. :bigthumbsup: