View Single Post

Old 03-14-2014, 06:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
We think that buyers get way more "bang for their buck" when buying pre-owned, especially if the lower bonds are taken into consideration. There are many pre-owned homes with considerable expensive upgrades: birdcages, pools, summer kitchens, sun tunnels, landscaping, etc.

We wanted a lot backing on a pond. The new homes seems to have huge premiums associated with these lots. We also wanted to be located centrally, just south of CR 466, rather than far north, or far south. I like renovating and redecorating, so resale was perfect for us.

For emotional reasons, many people want to buy a brand-new home. Money is not the most important factor. Many purchasers feel that it will be the last home they ever own. They want it to be pristine and special. I can understand that; it's an important consideration. They don't want the hassle of renovating or redecorating - and prefer to move into an "unspoiled" home.

In general the further south you go, the younger the population. Although lots of younger retirees also buy resales. So each village ends up having a mix of newbies and oldies.

Whatever decision you make, you'll probably end up thinking your village is the best village. We all do. The Villages is a happy place.
Spot on!!!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).