View Single Post

Old 09-10-2007, 02:38 PM
Default Re: Poll: Full-Time Wannabe but a Snowbird

;D

We just closed March 2nd of 2007. We came down in July to see just how hot it gets. [i] I have 5 acres in Punta Gorda, so I tried to tell the significant other... "It gets hot, dude!" We don't turn the a/c on up here in the Chicago burb until it hits at least 90 degrees (he pays the bills here). In TV, I pay the bills, so the a/c is ON, man! So the heat makes no difference to me when I know I have a cool villa to go back to.

I am able to telecomunicate with my job, so I am ready for FULL-TIME NOW! I am working on this with my boss (She likes the face-to-face thing, even though I work a 4-day, 10 hour day, and average 3 of those days from home anyway, and many work full-time virtual already... those jobs that haven't gone to India, that is.), in hopes I can be 100% virtual until I am 55 and then retire from my company. I want to do something I love--either part-time or full-time for health benefits and to be able to pay utilities and taxes in TV. If I could get a job for at least 2/3 (Ok, maybe 1/2) of what I currently make, I'd be oudda there! Not likely, since I am self-taught instead of school-taught. Absence of a sheep skin doesn't make getting a job in the computer world easy.

OK, this got a bit long... So sorry! I get 'fingery' sometimes... *giggle*

Sign me,
Full-time Wannabe
... or just call me Rebekah