Thread: Bicycles
View Single Post

Old 03-17-2014, 09:38 AM
Sage

Once again, it's not that we "hate" bicyclists. What we WOULD hate is to accidentally hit and mangle/kill one because they often behave like cars and trucks are irrelevant to their "right" to be on the road. They seem to want their tombstone to say "I was RIGHT!".

And yes, I have seen bicyclists do deadly things in a roundabout on Morse or Buena Vista....like coasting into the circle in the outer right lane beside me, and then incompetently oozing over to the left lane in front of me in my car, to turn left.

And then twice one day a couple of weeks ago, coming south on BV from 466, a racing bike rider sped into the circle at my 3:00, entered in the right lane near me, and then as he got to 1:00 or so he ZOOMED LEFT in front of me to get ahead of me and another car in the inner lane, so he could speed out of the circle at my 12:00 in the left lane! He exited in the left lane going south, to stay ahead of us cars!

It's like some bike riders have a death wish. But we don't want to be the poor suckers that make it happen, accidentally, just because they're daredevils.