View Single Post

Old 09-13-2007, 06:07 AM
Platinum member
Default Re: Your opinion..Do we need our own Villages Post Office

I think our mail service is quite good. For one thing our mail is much safer in the Mail Bank by the pool, than if delivered to our home. Before we moved here our mail was delivered right to our home. When we were gone for a day or 2, I worried about it being out there. For longer periods, we stopped our mail, but that got to be a pain too.

We live near 466A and have 2 postoffices not too far from our house. One is in Oxford and to get to the other,I go south and turn left on 466A and drive right by it. That being said, we have been here since Feb and have never gone into the post office. I get my stamps at the mail bank. I have a little postal scale at home for my small packages and haven't mailed anything large lately.

I do get a little irritated when I am buying something to be mailed and the person asks my address. I say "The Villages" and they answer, "Do you mean Lady Lake"? I always say ,"NO, I MEAN THE VILLAGES!" That is just an irritant.

Our mail delivery has been good. As mentioned above, I have a movie delivery service (Netflix). They too get the movie I send back in a day or 2--depending what time of day I mail it. I have a new movie very quickly.
Tampa, FL