Forums

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Thread: AARP Insurance?
View Single Post

Old 09-13-2007, 08:34 PM
Default Re: AARP Insurance?

Speaking of AARP insurance... I have moved to TV approx 6 months ago from the state of Washington. I am on Medicare due to disability (not age, as I am 60 years old). Much to my shock and chagrin I am continually hearing that there is only one insurance provider authorized in Florida to offer Medicare Supplement (Medigap) to persons under 65! I forget the name of the company but I believe it is United Healthcare. I was so excited when I heard there was even one carrier. However, after meeting with their representative, I quickly learned that Multiple Sclerosis ( my primary disability) is an exempt group to whom they will not offer a policy. Other diagnoses include Parkinson's, etc. I am becoming increasingly angry; and what a group to discriminate against! But then I think that possibly I'm incorrect and there is something out there for me and others like me. Thank you all for reading this, and I do hope someone out there has some helpful information.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.